Thursday, March 27, 2008

Here are a couple of quotes about relationships that I like and a few brief comments by yours truly….

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Reminds me of the sayings, Birds of a feather flock together….or….it takes one to know one….

"It is the things in common
that make relationships enjoyable,
but it is the little differences
that make them interesting."


I have felt for some time now that we place too much emphasis on our “differences” and we often fail to appreciate the potential value of our differences….

"When you're attracted to someone it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously, so what we know as fate is two neuroses knowing that they're a perfect match."

Ah, this verifies what I have suspected for some time now, falling in love is a symptom of temporary insanity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these! But I esp. love this one:

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Of course 'falling in love' is as much circumstantial as anything else that it is too... strange serendipitous synchronicity when vulnerabilities and openness collide as well.

Bilbo said...

Julie,

I like that one a lot too...falling in love and the nature of interpersonal relationships has become such a mystery to me. I'm just going with the flow these days. You're responses have inspired me to update this blog....thanks...