Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This blog was created to explore the topics of love, romance, sex, marriage, and the nature of relationships. If you are looking for information to assure bliss and ever lasting happiness you will not find it here…but…if you are interested in learning to accept and embrace the “reality” of relationships, as they really are, then it is my hope you might find some wisdom or help here, or at least, someone else or a community, that is willing to explore the relationship dance with you.

Over the past 10 years I have been through one divorce and a couple of serious relationships where marriage was discussed and considered and I have spent a significant amount of time thinking, reading, and pondering about the nature of intimate relationships. I don’t make any assertions that I know anything more than the rest of society regarding what makes a successful or happy relationship but I can say with some personal conviction that I am much more aware of the various aspects and levels of relationships than I once was when I started this journey ten years ago. So, if you are interested in pondering with me the “nature” of the relationship dance then I invite you to read on and check in from time to time to read what I and others have to say…and…I have a hunch you may find yourself in the words, thoughts, experiences that are shared here in this space…and…it is my hope and prayer that those who sojourn with me on this journey will find some wisdom and peace of mind…

Acknowledgments….While I have done much of this journey solo, no man or woman is totally an island unto themselves and I am certainly no exception. Along the way I have received much encouragement and direction from my counselor and my thinking has been stimulated and challenged by such writers as Thomas Moore and Sam Keen…regarding Thomas Moore…Moore has written three books which will be quoted often and at length, Soul Mates, Dark Night of the Soul, and The Soul of Sex…and…without these three books I seriously doubt this blog would have ever been created.

1 comment:

Editor said...

Hi Bill,
The title of the third Thomas Moore book you mention is The Soul of Sex. You might also want to check out his earlier work called Dark Eros. It also concerns relationships. Good luck with your blog!